Frequently Asked Questions
Our PowerBI dashboards support the report server's latest version.
For internal use, you can download Power Bi Server and start publishing your reports on the internal network. This is a paid product but you can use it free for the first 6 months. You can actually use the same license key if you have SQL Server Enterprise with Software Assurance. Important to know is that Power BI Server will publish only the reports from Power BI Desktop with the same version or less version number. Microsoft is usually releasing the PBI Server and desktop compatible version every 3 months. The latest version at the time writing this blog post is the May version.
You can as well publish reports and dashboards through PowerBI Service and make them public for everybody or only for a couple of users. Note that if you would like to publish the reports for specific persons, they will need a paid O365 account or PowerBi Premium license.
Make sure to check your junk email. Did you fill your email correctly?
Otherwise, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a one time purchase. You don't have to renew the product license.
We accept all major credit cards and accept purchase orders.
SQL Reporting Services
The majority of our reports are clickable to other reports. If you don't have the report, you will get the error: The item 'Report Name' cannot be found.
If you already purchased the report, make sure both reports are the same folder and have in the same name.
Otherwise, look into our products to download the missing report.
We are currently not offering demo. However, you can take a look to some of our products videos.
We also did a Getting started with the System Center Dudes Reports video for more details.
We have tested our reports on SCCM 2012, SCCM Current Branch (SCCM 1511) and later.
- Asset is about inventory. You're looking for hardware information, operating system, Office 365, etc.
- Configuration Manager is for reports regarding configuration or infrastructure in MECM.
- Dashboard says it all! One pager with multiple kind of data from all components in MECM
- Deployment reports shows deployment status of objects in SCCM. We are talking about package, applications, software updates, task sequence, policies.
- System Health is for reporting that talk about compliance. Patch management, client health, defender, content distribution, etc.
When you run a report, you get this error message.
Query execution failed for dataset ‘Name of the dataset in problem’. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
The SELECT permission was denied on the object ‘SysResList‘, database ‘CM_ABC’, schema ‘dbo’.
This problem occurs when SELECT permission is missing from the database view. Assign the correct permissions to the user account or service account running the report.
To grant access to the SQL view:
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Select your SCCM Database and expand Views
- Find ‘ViewName‘ and right-click on the view
- Click Properties
- Select Permissions and find your SSRS user
- Granted SELECT access to the user
It's to support customers that are using SSRS 2008. Otherwise, don't use the 2008 version if you are using SSRS higher than 2008.